We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
The Thyroid Diet Revolution explains how over 50 million Americans have weight problems related to poor thyroid function.
Author, Mary J. Shomon was diagnosed with thyroid disease in 1995. Since then has set out to help other people struggling with similar health challenges.
This book contains:
- Guidelines to help you determine if you have an undiagnosed thyroid condition.
- Information on treatment options.
- Advice about herbal and nutritional approaches.
- Recommendations on the best diet plans for thyroid patients.
Thyroid Diet Basics
Mary J. Shomon explains that undiagnosed thyroid problems can slow your metabolism and disrupt hormonal balance. This makes it difficult to lose weight even when you restrict your calories. Diagnosis and appropriate treatment may be all that is required to restore your metabolism so you can start losing weight.
The book features a “Symptoms Checklist” and detailed guidelines on how to get properly diagnosed and treated. Also provided is information on a variety of thyroid disorders including:
- Hashimoto’s disease
- Thyroid cancer
The Thyroid Diet Revolution discusses the various treatments and medications available for these conditions. Advice is offered on how to boost your thyroid function naturally with herbs, nutrition and other lifestyle changes.
Eating For A Healthy Thyroid
The book doesn’t include a specific diet to follow. Rather it explains the pros and cons of a variety of popular diets to help you decide what will work best for you.
To improve your hormonal balance and support thyroid health you should:
- Eliminate processed and simple carbohydrates.
- Eat more high-fiber foods.
- Avoid foods high in sugar.
- Avoid desserts, especially after larger meals.
- Eat a high-protein breakfast.
- Consume more calcium-rich foods.
Avoid Goitrogenic Foods
Some foods contain substances called goitrogens, which can cause the thyroid gland to enlarge. Goitrogenic foods can also slow down the thyroid, resulting in underactivity.
The following goitrogenic foods should be avoided if you suspect hypothyroidism.
Broccoli, Cauliflower, Kale, Cabbage, Radishes, Spinach, Turnips, Watercress, Strawberries, Peaches, Millet, Peanuts
The following foods are recommended for those on a thyroid diet
Low-fat cheese, plain yogurt, eggs, anchovies, sardines, lean beef, bison, pork loin, turkey breast, garbanzo beans, lima beans, lentils, peas, carrot, eggplant, pumpkin, mushrooms, potato, peppers, rhubarb, spinach, sweet potato, avocado, apples, berries, kiwi, pears, prunes, bran cereal, whole grain bread, oatmeal, almonds, Brazil nuts, walnuts, flaxseed oil, coconut oil, herbs and spices, green tea.
This book does not include a meal plan but instead suggests you consider trying other diet programs. Possible options include Weight Watchers, South Beach or The Fat Flush Diet.
T-Tapp Exercises Recommended
The book includes information on T-Tapp exercises, which are specifically designed to enhance thyroid function.
This is a workout system performed without weights, jumping or high impact aerobics. It takes less than one hour and should be done at least three times a week.
Costs and Expenses
The Thyroid Diet Revolution: Manage Your Master Gland of Metabolism for Lasting Weight Loss retails at $16.99.
Click here to purchase The Thyroid Diet Revolution at a discounted price.
- Provides information about medical and natural treatments for thyroid problems.
- May offer a weight loss solution for dieters with undiagnosed thyroid disorders.
- Readers can relate to the personal stories of other thyroid patients.
- Provides links to a large number of resources.
- Addresses the importance of stress management for weight loss.
- Encourages regular exercise.
- Does not include a unique menu for thyroid problems.
- Necessary to refer to other diet books for meal plans and recipes.
- Requires a visit to a doctor to test for a thyroid disorder.
- Author is not a qualified health professional.
A Malfunctioning Thyroid Could be to Blame
If you’ve been unsuccessful losing weight with traditional diet plans, the Thyroid Diet Revolution provides information about the management of thyroid conditions so as to support weight loss. It does not include a specific diet but can be used in conjunction with a number of popular diet programs.
By Mizpah Matus B.Hlth.Sc(Hons)
Last Reviewed: January 18, 2018